Attendance Policy and Student Performance
- All students are expected to arrive to school 15 minutes prior to start of classes.
- All students are expected to achieve a minimum 95% attendance target per term. Students who do not meet the minimum criteria will receive a warning letter from the school. A meeting with the school principal will also be arranged to discuss ways on improving attendance of affected student(s)
- There are two types of school absence ; authorized leave of absence approved by the principal (leave form duly filled and submitted at least one day beforehand) and unauthorized leave of absence (approval for leave not approved by the principal)
- Authorized leave of absence is approved only if
- Leave form is filled and submitted to class teacher for approval at least 1 day before scheduled leave
- Student informs the school of his/her illness before 0930 hours on the same day if he/she falls ill
- Any student who fails to obtain leave in the above manner is deemed to be on unauthorized leave. A meeting with the school principal will be arranged should any student seek unauthorized leave on more than 1 occasion.
There will be a daily school assembly at 8.25 am for students to led to their respective classes by their class / subject teachers. Any student who arrives after 8.45 am will be recorded as late. All students who are late need to report first to Reception before being led to their respective classroom. Students arriving late on three occasions will receive a letter from the school. If this persists, principal will arrange for an interview with both parent and student concerned.
Any student who arrives after 9.00 am without a reasonable explanation will receive an unauthorized leave mark on their attendance.
- Conducting regular tutorial tests after completion of topics or chapters in the textbook.
- Conducting regular term tests to monitor closely progress of students. Students who do not meet the minimum requirements are provided with remedial classes to help them catch up with their peers
- The school reserves the right to warn students and subsequently expel students who fall short of the expectations set by the school because of the following;
- Students do not meet the 95% attendance criteria and miss many lessons within the term without a valid reason
- Students are lazy and do not make a conscientious effort to hand in homework assignments on time.
- Students do not fulfil their duty to work on developing self-study habits and commit time every evening on studying, note taking and going over the materials learned during the day.
- Students are continually disruptive in class and make no effort to engage with the teacher in a calm and civilized manner.
Use of mobile phones
- All students who bring their mobile phones to school will hand them over to the school training coordinator before the start of classes. They will be allowed to collect their phones once all their respective classes have ended for the day.
- Anyone caught using their mobile phones during class time will have their mobile phones confiscated. Principal will return the confiscated mobile phones after a period of 7 days for the first offence and for 30 days for the second offense.
Code of conductAll students are expected to
- Attend school and lessons on time every day
- Bring all books, stationary required for each day
- Be polite, considerate and respect all individual differences within the school compound
- Complete all classroom and homework tutorials to the best of their abilities
- Report any bullying or anti-social behavior to the class teacher
- Respect the school environment by keeping it free from litter and graffiti
- Possession of illegal substances of any kind or alcohol
- Disruption to learning
- Use of mobile phone in school premises
- Failure to complete classwork or homework
- Physical assault
- Any form of bullying including cyberbullying
- Swearing or using inappropriate language
- Sexual misconduct
- Physical or verbal abuse to others
- Forbidden articles and items (fireworks, chewing gum, any weapons, knives, matches and lighters, tobacco, alcohol, any form of drugs, laser pointers)